Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A new level of crazy

I have taken crazy to a whole new level. I have said before, I know that I’m crazy. I was so naïve then. COUGH.3weeksago.COUGH
Last night I was having a crazy feeling like I was too tired to stay awake but not tired enough to lie down and go to sleep. So do you want to know what I did? I got up and did a 1 mile exercise walk! Let that sink in. I’m insane. It was 12:40 AM and because I couldn’t sleep, I exercised.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that I did it. I felt great afterwards. Except for the fact that I had so much extra energy I didn’t fall asleep till a little past 3 AM. And oddly enough, I’m not too sleepy so far today.
I think I may add this to my routine. I really don’t have an exercise regimen and since I’m not doing the Medifast 100% according to plan like I said here, I am allowed to exercise sooner. However, I’m scared. And I’m ok with admitting it. I know I have a problem. My problem is that I will psych myself out and set myself up for failure. I will do really well for a week and then crash and burn. I don’t count the Medifast issue. I have medical issues that need to be tended to and as long as I’m not eating a cheeseburger and fries for lunch everyday I’m doing well.
Not going to lie, I did have a cheeseburger and fries yesterday. I was stupid. I really wanted the salad which was some parmesan chicken caeser thing but the line was insanely long so I went for a burger. I felt like death afterwards. Like I felt worse than I did before surgery.  Maybe that was a good thing. I know that I’m going to want to have a bag of chips, I am totally going to want ice cream, but the question becomes, ‘How horrific will this make me feel after?’ and ‘Is it worth it?’ has become my new phrase.
I find it odd that on the day I eat a burger I also exercise after midnight. Maybe I felt guilty, but I don’t think that was it. I have been thinking about doing some sort of exercise for a while now. Who knows what my subconscious was thinking. I'm just happy I felt great after a 20 minute workout.
Now, for a really cool FYI. I have Comcast cable which I love because of the on demand. What’s really cool is that they have exercise videos On Demand! I have used Leslie Sansone’s videos in the past and still have a few dvd’s around. So to see that she is On Demand was really cool and I knew I could do it. I also saw Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but that is beyond my grasp right now which translates to that chick is nuts and I would end up throwing something at the tv so maybe I’ll wait and give her a try later.

(image found via google)

I’m not saying that the 1 mile midnight walk will be the solution to all my problems, but it’s a start. I am going to take this one day at a time. I will not feel guilty for not doing something. I am here to know that there will be days where I will not want to do anything but lay in bed and watch tv. I’m here to remind myself that it is ok to take days off, but not lose focus.
My goal is to do the 1 mile walk at least 3 times this week. Then I would like to move to the 2 mile walk the week after and do at least 3 times. I go on vacation the next week so we’ll see. I think setting a two week goal will be the best way to get back into the swing of things.
 I know that if I do the videos more than 5-6 times I get bored hearing the same thing over and over so I may just have to plug in my ipod while I do it. I wanted to add a funny picture with a caption expressing that very fact, but blogger is being crazy and won't let me upload another picture. Maybe later.
Leslie here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment