Friday, March 4, 2011

Goodbye

It's a very hard thing to say aloud, much less type. My grandfather died. My nonna. Mr. Federico Vezza.

I borrowed this from Kim:

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
 Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

I know that he's in a better place. Suffering from Parkinson's was hard on his family, but so much harder on him. He was born on January 12, 1930 and passed February 15, 2011. He was 81 years old and loved by everyone he touched during that time.

He passed peacefully, which is a wonderful relief to us. Grief is a Challenge that Came and I will have to learn to cope. I really can't get into much more of it right now.

But I will say, that Nonno, the snow the day of your funeral - really not funny.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. :( This is difficult to deal with. That poem was from one of my best friend's funeral. It took a while, but I finally realized he is in a MUCH better place. He visits in my dreams from time to time and it's nice.

    I got a tattoo on my shoulder blade that says "Peace without pain" in memory of him. He's always with me... in my heart, in my mind, and on my shoulder lol :) love you girl.

    ReplyDelete