Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Corporate Life

Beware: This is a rant really meant for no one but myself. You were warned.

I have a love hate relationship with my corporate job.



On one hand, I love the fact that normally no one bothers me.


On the other, I hate the fact that I am always being watched.


I am not a big fan of micromanaging. There are many successful, self employed, work from home professionals. I understand the need for structure. I believe in the need for organization. What I don’t agree with is the need to show your feathers. We are not peacocks, right?


I feel like a number. I know that if I left, the company would survive. I’m not that delusional. I do know, however, that I am good at my job. I have passion. Maybe too much…


I might have a slight problem with authority. My problem is that authority figures in my general vicinity happen to be slightly idiotic. I am not their child, but I seem to digress when I am around them. I feel the need to ask ‘why’ a lot. I’ve never been one to enjoy the ‘because I said so’ answer.


How’s this…


I hate being at this job 80% of the time. Why, well that would be because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment