Friday, June 24, 2011

Medifast, Day 1

I am doing Medifast. I will be doing Medifast for at least a week. This is my mantra. I will worry about next week then.

Yesterday first official day, and I'm not gonna lie, I was petrified. I was slightly excited too. I want to feel better. With the surgery and everything that has happened since, I have let myself get to an unhealthy place. I did have a slight headache, but it went away.

I'm not sure if I will reveal my starting weight right now. I think if I decide to do this long term I will. I will definitely update on Monday and see if I can link up to some lovely ladies and their McFatty Monday posts.

I will say, that so far I have a slight headache, but I'm not hungry. It's weird. Maybe this will only take a few days.

The shakes and food will take a little getting used to. I am doing the 5 & 1 plan. Which means I am eating 5 Medifast meals and 1 Lean and Green. Yesterday I had:

9:30 Dutch Chocolate Shake (in their shaker)
11:40 Parmesan Cheese Puffs
1:15 Salad with an egg as protein (oops, should have been chicken, but they were out)
*I should have had another shake, but I wasn't hungry and that was a mistake. Lesson learned: force yourself.
7:15 Dutch Chocolate Shake
7:40 Dutch Chocolate Shake
8:00 Dutch Chocolate Shake

I blended the last 3 shakes with Ice and I prefer them that way. Doritos were sitting on my fridge and although I really wanted to say "Screw it" I didn't and that in itself is progress!

The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan is designed to provide approximately:
- 800-1000 calories/day
- 75 to less than 100 grams total carbohydrates/day
- At least 72 grams of protein/day
- 10-34 grams total fat/day (to meet the recommendation for <30% calories from fat)
- Less than 2300 milligrams sodium/day (as recommended by the American Heart Association)

I will stick with this and be happy. Pictures soon...maybe.

*Disclaimer: I paid for Medifast myself and am in no way compensated for my review. My thoughts are my own, believe me. Although, if they want to sponsor me, I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment