Thursday, June 30, 2011

Medifast, Week 1

Week 1 Down!!!
I officially need to buy a scale because the scale I was using is broke. But based upon when I weighed myself yesterday, I am down 12 pounds! 12 POUNDS IN 7 DAYS!
Let that sink in, I’ll wait.
.
..
Ok. Back? Great.
The main reason I started this diet was to do something about my digestion problems brought on by surgery. I have to tell you, it works. I have slightly cheated, popcorn and breadcrumbs on chicken, but I haven’t felt that gross digestiony feeling that people who have had their gallbladder removed know all to well. I know that 12 pounds in 7 days is a lot and maybe that's why I got sick. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I hope the weight loss slows down a bit.
The only time I felt a bit gross was after popcorn, but I was home and sick and that was the only thing I had that wouldn’t be straight grease. I also need to find a new "green" because salad is getting a bit old. Quickly.

About the food
I have tried the following:
 **Caution, the food rarely comes out looking like it did online**

My theory is if you add a bunch of ice to the shakes, they’re not too shabby. I still haven’t nailed down the consistency of the pudding, but it makes a really thick shake if you screw up (which I totally did) so I threw it in the freezer and it was really good. The cappucino was really good too.
I’ll do a review of all the food later, but I think I may keep this up. I am feeling really tired and headachey, but that’s to be expected. I never really found myself super starving. I have realized that I need to do my Lean & Green for dinner instead of lunch and this may help with some of the hunger issues.
My new goal is to do this for 1 week with no cheating. Starting Tuesday that is. The 4th is Monday and I may have a cookie or something. Like I said before, my goal is to feel better and help my digestion. Losing weight is a fringe benefit.

I’ll get there. And I’ll buy a new scale.

*Disclaimer: I paid for Medifast myself and am in no way compensated for my review. My thoughts are my own, believe me. Although, if they want to sponsor me, I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment